Sunday, June 07, 2009

`` VS exam -

Finally, VS exam has come to an end. Times flies, 3 - 4 months just end like this. But nevertheless, I really learnt alot in this course. Like one of the VS student said during his intro . At first, he thought, paying that sum of money for this course was alot. But attending & going through the classes, he realise , everything was worth it. And I do agree on that.

I saved up this money on my own & paid for it. The amount of effort, the number of lessons I attended were indeed memorable. (:

Below are the photos that I was in Darling Sim house , practising hard for my exam.

290509 , FRIDAY

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

010609 , MONDAY

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

WE STARTED FOOLING AROUND WITH HER LAPTOP
( trying out different effects )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then back to practising ....

050609 , FRIDAY

I went OB first. To get approval from XueLing Laoshi if I can play this song for exam. I did well when she heard. Infact, it was my best voice I ever had. Unfortunately, after it ended . My voice never came back already. It sound not as nice . Mayb I was too exhausted. I went Darling Sim house to practise somemore. But I could not get the voice I wanted. ):

HERE GOES ..


For the rest of the days till Exam , I was either in OB practise or at home . Its just all about work & exam. Thats all I can think about during that time.

As for today ... Was the final showdown. Darling Sim came over to help me out with my make-up & song . I can't sleep the whole nite. Hahs ! Pre-exam symptoms.

YOU'RE ALWAYS HERE
( never fails . Because of you , I'm here right now )

Photobucket

We took a cab down & headed to OB after preparation.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At 2pm was the start of the performance. I should say , everyone improve very much and every single one did really well ! WELL DONE VS STUDENTS ! (:

I was the fifth to perform from my class and the last to 自弹自唱.


DARLING TOOK A PHOTO OF ME
( looks blur becoz' she was really far )


Photobucket

Why did I choose to 自弹自唱 was because , I wanna gain back my musicality. Like I said before the last time . I used to play electone ever since I was 7 till the age of 16 due to my 'O' levels. From there, I have never played until now. I have stopped for 3 years. All my skills have turned to rust. Until today, because of VS course, I have decided to step back in again. I do not want to lose something that I love. And now its the time. Therefore, I wanna tried something different by playing the piano & step out of my circle instead of just singing with MMO.

Piano was indeed a new stepping stone for me. I have never played before nor have I perform to others by using this instrument. It was totally new to me. In the beginning, I thought playing electone organ and piano were almost similar because they have the same keys but just that, their keyboard levels and as well for the paddling were different. But I was wrong. The moment Wenhao , Daryl & Nathaniel taught me. Then I realise, it was totally different, including the playing style as well. It took me quite sometime to get familiarize with it. I wanna thank them for their patience. It's not easy.

Regarding my overall performance , even though I did better than the first performance but still , it wasn't up to my expectations. I wasn't suppose to make mistakes & yet I did. Once again, my stage fright was still there. I shivered & had to keep myself calm. I prepared my intro , but I could not remember a single thing once I got on stage. Honestly speaking, I do not know what was I talking either.

This was the intro I prepared actually .. Very scribbled script. I had meaningful words to say. Unfortunately, those didnt really came out from me in the end.

Photobucket

I may not have disappoint my friends who supported me because I ended it smoothly. But I do know, I have actually disappoint myself. I really do wish, one day , I can stop having stage fright as it ruined me sometimes. I can just sing freely without hesistating. No worries , no shivers . Just sing ! 许环良老师 was telling me, I have not found my voice yet. But the truth is, I have found them. But once I am nervous, I lost it again.

Anw, exam has finally over. What I'm hoping right now is to be able to perform on the 19th July. That is one of the goals which I have always wanted to achieve. Music is my life , performing is my dream. I really hoping for this day to come. May my dream come true.

Before I end this entry ...
I would like to appreciate my thanks to some people who have actually helped me so much.


DARLING SIM ,
Thank you so much for everything. You have always been with me whenever I needed you. Especially this course. You were there for me for both auditions. And now, my final exam , you were there for me as well. I really appreciate every single thing you did for me. Without you , without your piano , without your time, without your place , without your advise , I would not have gone through well. You are the best. I'm really thankful I got you in my life. (:
LOVES !


WENHAO , DARYL , NATHANIEL :
Thank you for figuring out those chords for me and taught me piano. Thank you guys for all your kind patience. I know you all teach me until wanna vomit blood already. Hahas ! Electone organ to piano was really a great jump to me. Without you guys, I would not have played this song. You guys were really a great help ! Many Many Many thanks !


VS4 :
My great bunch of classmates ! (:
I really enjoyed the times being with you guys. Leaving me wonderful memories behind. I maybe quiet , I may not be a well spoken person during class. But there's one thing for sure, I'm always supporting you guys ! May every one of you continue to pursue your dreams and fulfil your goals. All of you are VERY SINGERS ! JYJY !
Though courses may have come to an end, but I hope our friendship will still stay.
Take care everyone of you. We'll meet again soon.

GALLERY COLLEAGUES:
I do not know if anyone of you will read my blog but still , I wanna appreciate everyone of your sms-es , giving me encouragements & supports. I was really touched ! You guys were like a family to me because we are working in the same hotel & department. Greatly appreciated. Thank you so much guys !


TO THE REST :
I may not have included your name. But for sure, I know who you are for those who sent me sms-es during my exam. I really appreciate. THANK YOU !

p.s to vs mates : hey guys ! if anyone of you got record or take photos of me on stage do send to me k ? as i wanna keep it as memory. thanks ! didn't manage to take on my own as i totally forgotten all abt it. heh !

" Everything has come to an end ,
Just like this. "

No comments: