Friday, November 16, 2012

`` Stye -

Not cool to be having "STYE" on assignment week.
It's affecting my vision and it hurts.
If you're wondering what stye is, it's actually " an infection of the sebaceous glands of Zeis at the base of the eyelashes, or an infection of the apocrine sweat glands of Moll.[1] External styes form on the outside of the lids and can be seen as small red bumps. Internal styes are infections of the meibomian sebaceous glands lining the inside of the eyelids. They also cause a red bump underneath the lid with only generalized redness and swelling visible on the outside. Styes are similar to chalazia, but tend to be of smaller size and are more painful and usually produce no lasting damage. They contain water and pus and the bacteria will spread if the stye is forcefully ruptured. Styes are characterized by an acute onset and usually short in duration (7–10 days without treatment) compared to chalazia that are chronic and usually do not resolve without intervention."  - Quoted from Wikipedia. 




The above picture shows how it looks like. But my left eye, hasn't reach till that stage of swollen yet. Hope it doesn't even! HEHE!

Causes of it:
Styes are commonly caused by the blocking of an oil gland at the base of the eyelash. Although they are particularly common in infants, styes are experienced by people of all ages. Styes can be triggered by poor nutritionsleep deprivation, lack of hygiene or rubbing of the eyes. Sharing of washcloths or face towels should be curtailed to avoid spreading the infection between individuals.[5][6] Styes can last from one to two weeks without treatment, or as little as four days if treated properly.[7] - Quoted from Wikipedia 

Oh my, I hope it gets cured fast and not last till 1-2 weeks later. T.T

Yes, exactly agree with the cause. Insufficient of sleep due to assignments. Have been having late nights sleep. I'm suffering heavily from sleep deprivation! HAHAHA! Can't wait for this week to be over so that I can have a full day rest. =D In addition, have been tearing almost everyday ever since my breakup. I've been telling myself, since I made the decision, I can no longer look back. Honestly, it's the memories that hurts.

Ah well well well, date checked today, 16 November 2012. The number 16, no longer mean anything to us anymore. It's over. I've to forget it. It's been a week since I've not receive any contact from him. Probably, this would be the best way uh?

Other than emo-ing, I've a piece of good news to share! I thank god that presentation went well and thank you to my team mates for working so hard. Many conflicts happened which made all of us "tor hweet" so much but nevertheless, hard work paid off. And for the first time, I received compliment from lecturer for presenting well. It's an achievement for me because I've always fear presenting all the while. It's a stepping stone. hehe!

Sigh ~ How I wish I'm able to share some news to you. Including my individual assignment results as well. For the first time, I've scored. I improved. In the past, I remembered, I used to seek help from you regardless what assignment I received. I'm proud of myself that I did it without you anymore. I bet you must be proud of me when you read this. (:

Alright, back to assignment!

"It's been a week, 
how have you been?"



No comments: